Don’t miss out on the pasta experience when you are on the ketogenic lifestyle. Try this low carb take on traditional lasagna using eggplant as the base. Simply delicious!
#ketolasagna #vegetarianketo #easytoketo
Follow me on Instagram: @easytoketo
Approx 4 servings
Macros per serving:
Calories – 401
Fat – 22 g
Net Carbs – 9 g
Protein – 18 g
Eggplant – 1.5 lbs
Himalayan Pink Salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
Ricotta Cheese – 8 oz
Mozzarella Cheese – 8 oz (divided)
Garlic powder – 1 tsp
Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes – 1/2 tsp
Egg – 1
Marinara Sauce – 1/2 cup
Parsley and Parmesan Cheese for garnishing
1. Cut Eggplant into 1/2″ discs and spinkle with Salt. Keep aside to sweat.
2. Preheat Oven to 350F.
3. In a bowl, mix Ricotta Cheese, half of the Mozzarella Cheese, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Red Chili Flakes and Salt. Mix well and taste.
4. Mix in Egg. Keep aside.
5. With a clean kitchen towel or paper towels, blot excess moisture from each Eggplant disc.
6. Smear Olive Oil on both sides of Eggplant discs and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
7. Bake for 25 mins or until Eggplant are tender.
8. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or spray cooking oil.
9. Place half of the Eggplant discs in the pan.
10. Spoon the cheese mixture on each disc. Divide all the mixture equally amongst the discs.
11. Top with remaining Eggplant discs to form a sandwich.
12. Spoon one approx 1 Tbsp Marinara Sauce on each sandwich and top with remaining Mozzarella Cheese.
13. Bake covered for 23-25 minutes at 350F until cheese is bubbly.
14. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes until cheese is slightly caramelized.
15. Garnish with chopped Parsley and Parmesan Cheese.
How to make keto lasagna, vegetarian keto recipes, eggplant parmesan, pasta free Italian food, low carb.