BHUNI KHICHRI RECIPE:
1. Chop Vegetables in big chunks. I have used a full cauliflower, the cauliflower stalk, green peas and 1 potato.
2. In a pan on medium heat, fry up the veggies in hot mustard oil; till golden brown.
3. Season the veggies with salt and keep it aside.
4. Dry roast a handful of cashew-nut, until aromatic.
5. Now take 1/3 cup of sona mung daal. It’s a smaller grain than the easily found mung daal. If you can’t find the smaller grained lentil variety, you can use the larger split mung lentils too.
6. Dry roast the daal until some grains turn brown. Constantly keep stirring it so that nothing burns.
7. Once roasted satisfactorily, wash the grains thoroughly. Soak it for 15 to 20 mins keep juggling n water to soften.
8. Wash and soak 2/3 cups of short grained aromatic rice, for 30 minutes.
9. Now in a pan, on medium heat; pour over a couple of tablespoons of mustard oil. Let it warm up.
10. Add a dry red chilly, and cook it until deep dark brown.
11. Now Add ½ TSP of cumin seeds, along with 2 bay leaves, 1 star anise, 1 small stick of cinnamon and 3-4 green cardamom pods. Fry it to infuse the flavors in the oil.
12. Now drain and add over the rice. Fry the rice along with whole spices.
13. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt to taste. Let the rice nicely fry off in the flavorful oil.
14. Add Finely chopped ginger in the rice, and saute it to for another 5 to 10 mins, until fragrant.
15. Add over the drained lentils, and roast everything for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
16. Let’s create more flavors now, add 2-3 big pinches of raisins, followed with ½ TSP of cumin powder, a pinch of red chilly powder and 1 TSP of coriander powder. Sauté the spices for 2 minutes.
17. Now add a quarter TSP of garam masala powder. Mix well, adjust salt and sugar to taste. Depending on the amount of heat tolerance, you can add some chopped green chilly at this time!
18. Add over the veggies at this point, one by one. I added the potatoes and cauliflower stalk first. Mix well.
19. Submerge the grains and veggies in some water.I started with a cup of water. Cover and cook until the water the s absorbed through.
20. Add over a few handfuls of fresh green peas. Mix well, cover & cook the veggies and
21. Now add in the cauliflower florets, and cashew-nuts. These veggies would cook faster.
22. Top it up with more water. Mostly the bhuno khichuri is made not very watery. But depending on your subjective taste you can add more or less water at this stage. Again cover and cook until the grains soak up the water. Stir the occasionally.
23. To finish off this amazing one pot dish, add a tsp of good cow ghee, followed with another ¼ TSP of garam masala.
MATAR PANEER RECIPE:
1. We start with cubes of cottage cheese, which is lightly fried in hot mustard oil. Take it out, & set it aside.
2. In the same oil, put in a dried red chilli, 2 bay leaves and ½ tsp of whole cumin.
3. Put over the cubed potatoes in the aromatic oil, followed with salt. Cover & let fry for a few minutes, until it turns golden.
4. Now add tomato puree of 3 tomatoes. I generally make tomato puree and freeze it in small cupcake pans for use later.
5. Stir well and combine these masala- ½ tsp Ginger Paste, ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder, 1tbsp Coriander Powder, ½ tbsp Cumin Powder, ¼ Red Chilli powder. Fry them on gentle heat till the oil separates from the tomato and masala paste.
6. Add in a cup of fresh or frozen green peas. Stir it well.
7. Adjust the seasoning with a green chilli and a pinch of sugar. Now add ½ tsp of aromatic kasuri methi, after lightly crushing it under your palms and ¼ th tsp of cinnamon powder. Mix well, and let all the masala fry and be aromatic.
8. Now add over some hot water and stir it well. Once everything starts boiling, add the paneer.
9. Once the potatoes are cooked through, add a slurry made with a 3 finger pinch of whole wheat flour and water. This would thicken the broth, and make everything shiny.
10. Just before switching off, add a pinch of cinnamon powder and tsp of ghee. Stir well and switch the flame off. Let it rest for 5 mins covered.
BEGUN BHAJA RECIPE:-
1. Cut half an Egg Plant into the 3 big chunks.
2. Marinate them with a pinch of turmeric powder, a tsp or so of fine sea salt, 1/2 a tsp of sugar and a pinch of red chilly powder or to taste.
3. Rub the it thoroughly & keep the eggplants inclined for 30 mins, to collect excess water off the Vegetable. Discard the water away.
4. Now in a shallow pan on low heat, pour mustard oil. Heat it till it just starts fuming.
5. Add in marinated egg plant one by one, carefully.
6. Turn around & grill each side well.
7. Sprinkle on some chat masala.
#instazouqh #antararoy #antarazouqh #roystudio
Also follow us o Instagram and Twitter. The username is Antarazandc
The page for Facebook is as here – https://www.facebook.com/zouqh.thetaste/
Video Editing by – https://www.facebook.com/Roy-Studio-124453108954404/