Some people LOVE eggplant and some people HATE eggplant. Try this super delicious and super easy Keto Creamy Eggplant recipe and you will definitely be amongst the lovers. It’s perfect as a side dish or on its own. The natural buttery texture of Japanese eggplants is perfectly paired with the nutty texture of sesame seeds and hemp hearts. It’s hard to believe that something so rich and creamy and delicious is a part of your Keto lifestyle. Try it today!
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
Japanese Eggplants – 2 (approx 1 lb), cut into semicircle slices
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Ghee – 2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sesame Seeds – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Green Chili – 1 or to taste, minced
Himalayan Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Sour Cream – 4 to 5 Tbsp
Hemp Hearts – 3 Tbsp
Cilantro – few sprigs, chopped, for garnishing
1. Heat Ghee & Butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle.
3. Add Sesame Seeds and Turmeric Powder.
4. When the Sesame Seeds start popping, add Garlic and Green Chili and cook for 30-45 seconds.
5. Add Eggplants and mix well to coat.
6. Add Salt and Red Chili Powder and mix well.
7. Cover and cook Eggplant until tender but not mushy. Stir in-between.
8. Once Eggplants are tender, reduce heat to low and add Sour Cream. Mix well.
9. Switch off the stove, add Hemp Hearts and mix well.
10. Garnish with Cilantro and serve.
Thanks for all the vegetarian keto recipes. Keep ‘em coming..
How many servings is this?
Thanks Hethal, turmeric with black pepper is very synergetic as it releases the vitamins in Turmeric.
Hetl ma'am….. please more and more of videos …. finally found your video(vegetarian keto) and Indian recipes too …. thank you so so much . Loved making all of them. A great help. Please keep more videos coming keto versions…. maam can we replace hemp hearts with something else? Pls suggest cause cant source it where I live maam.
This looks so good! Def gonna make this! What pan are you cooking in btw?
Also do u make ur own ghee? Or do u buy it? Any difference in price or performance?
I subscribed asap when I found u were doing this AWESOME new keto channel and I sincerely thank y'all for that!
BUT I am not getting ANY of your guys' vids! I am subscribed And, of course, clicked the bell.
Any way to remedy this?
Btw I fail to hear the YouTube "no-no" words…. perhaps "ghee" or "frying " is now somehow controversial?
Never wanna miss a post!
Love it , definitely try it
That looks so good !!!! My husband loves eggplant and I'm going to try this out soon !!