You guys will love this creamy, yet spicy mushroom soup recipe. It has all the characteristics of comfort with an added oomph factor. The addition of a few key spices really amplifies the flavor of this hearty easy to make homemade mushroom soup.
Yields: Approx 8 cups
Macros per cup:
Calories – 172 Fat – 14 g Net Carbs – 4 g Protein – 4 g
Cremini (Baby Bella) Mushrooms – 1 lb, sliced
Butter – 2 Tbsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
Whole Black Peppercorn – 1/2 tsp
Whole Cloves – 4
Cinnamon Stick – 1
Bay Leaf – 1
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Onion – 1/2 medium (5 oz)
Celery – 2-3 stalks, chopped (8 oz)
Red Chili Flakes – 1 tsp or to taste (optional)
Salt – to taste
Water – 5 cups
Cream Cheese – 4 oz
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1/2 cup (4 oz)
Lemon Juice – to taste
1. In a soup pot, heat Butter and Olive Oil.
2. Add Mushrooms and Salt and saute till caramelized.
3. Push Mushrooms to the sides of the pot and in the center, add Peppercorns, Cloves, Cinnamon Stick and Bay Leaf.
4. Add Garlic and Onions and mix so that they catch the oil a bit.
5. Add Celery, Red Chili Flakes and Salt and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes until Onions and Celery become translucent.
6. Add Water, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Remove Cinnamon Stick and discard. Allow soup to cool a bit.
8. In a blender, add Cream Cheese and soup and blend until smooth.
9. Return soup to the pot and add Heavy Whipping Cream. Adjust Salt.
10. Once the cream is heated through, finish with Lemon Juice to taste and serve hot.
How to make homemade mushroom soup from scratch, hearty soup recipes, low carb vegetables, keto creamy mushroom soup recipe, lchf.