We cover 4 meal ideas throughout the video, all vastly different.
Meal 1- Breakfast Casserole: Great breakfast option that you can pre cut in squares and freeze.
Meal 2- Chicken Salad: A cold prep option done in under 10 minutes. A great base for many dishes.
Meal 3- Quick Baked Falafel: Using can chickpeas to save on some time. An awesome high protein vegan meal option.
Meal 4- Budget Friendly Chili: High protein and easy on the wallet! Only $1.55/ serving
MEAL 1- BREAKFAST CASSEROLE (Makes 5 servings: 320 Cals/ serving: 31p/ 24c/ 11f)
1.) Turkey Sausages x4 (120-150 cals per sausage)
2.) Rosemary finely chopped- 1tablespoon
3.) Mushrooms- 3/4 cup
4.) Spinach- Big handful
5.) Bell Pepper- 1 full pepper
6.) Yellow or red onion- 150 grams
7.) Garlic- 1 clove
8.) Bread of choice- Enough to cover your casserole pan
9.) Eggs- Feel free to adjust here with egg whites
10.) Milk- 1/4 cup *any milk is fine*
11.) Cheese- 1/4 cup *any cheese is fine*
12.) Cherry tomatoes- 1/4 cup
13.) Salt & Pepper to taste
*Remove sausage from casing and sautee until brown. Add in your rosemary and vegetables and let all cook down together (season all with salt & pepper)
* In a mixing bowl add in your eggs, milk, cheese and combine well (season with salt & pepper)
* Spray bottom of pan and layer your casserole dish with an even layer of bread of choice
* Begin assembling your casserole. Add half the egg mixture on top of the bread then half the sausage/ veggie mixture. Repeat with the other half.
* Top the casserole with diced cherry tomatoes
* Place in oven at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes
* Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
MEAL 2- CHICKEN SALAD (Makes 5 1/2 cup servings: 145 calories/ serving: 10p/ 2.5c/ 11f)
1.) Chicken Breast- 16oz finely chopped
2.) Celery- 3 stalks
3.) Red Onion- 1/4 cup
4.) Parsley & Dill- 1/2 cup combined *use any herbs you want here*
5.) Pecans- One handful *use any nuts you want*
6.) 2% Greek Yogurt- 1/2 cup
7.) Mayo- 1/4 cup
8.) Dijon Mustard- 2 Teaspoons
9.) White Wine Vinegar- 1 Teaspoons
10.) Salt & Pepper to taste
* Place pecans on a pan and quickly toast
* Finely chop chicken, celery, onion, parsley, dill and pecans
* Combine greek yogurt, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper together to create dressing
* Add all ingredients to the dressing and combine well.
MEAL 3- FALAFEL (Makes 5 servings: 2 falafel/ serving: 6p/ 19c/ 5f)
1.) Canned Chickpeas- Entire can drained and rinsed
2.) Chopped yellow or red onion- 1/4 cup
3.) Garlic- 3 cloves
4.) Parsley- 1/4 cup
5.) Olive oil- 1 Tablespoon
6.) Lemon juice- 2 Teaspoons
7.) Cumin powder- 1 Teaspoon
8.) Coriander- 1 Teaspoon
9.) Cayene- 3/4 Teaspoon
10.) Flour of choice- 3 Tablespoons
11.) Baking soda- 1 Teaspoon
* Put all ingredients in a food processor minus the flour and baking soda. begin to pulse and turn into a paste. (important to not over blend)
* Once combined add in your flour and baking soda and mix well
* Form your falafel and place onto a well oiled baking pan
* Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes per side
MEAL 4- BUDGET FRIENDLY CHILI (Makes 6 1 cup servings: 415 calories/ serving: 27p/ 38c/ 18f)
ENTIRE RECIPE: $9.28- $1.55/serving
1.) Ground beef- 1lbs
2.) Yellow onion- entire onion
3.) Garlic- 2 cloves
4.) Olive oil- 2 Tablespoons
5.) Kidney beans- entire can
6.) Black beans- entire can
7.) Canned diced tomatoes- entire can
8.) Water- 1 cup
9.) tomato paste- entire can
10.) Chili Powder- 1 Tablespoon
11.) Brown Sugar- 1/2 Tablespoon
12.) Cumin- 1 Teaspoon
13.) Onion powder- 1/2 Teaspoon
14.) Garlic powder- 1/2 Teaspoon
15.) Cayenne pepper- 1/4 Teaspoon
16.) Salt & pepper to taste
* Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil. once translucent, add in your ground beef and sautee until brown.
* Add all other ingredients to the pot and stir well
* cover your pot and let simmer for 30 minutes!
Hope you enjoy the video! Thanks for watching 🙂
????FOLLOW ME ????
INSTAGRAM- @willtenny https://www.instagram.com/willtenny/